Campaigns in the CRM can be used for many purposes. At their simplest, the campaigns can be utilized to plan customer projects, but you get more out of them e.g. when sending invitations to invitation events. Campaigns are also used to define the contacts in the Contact Center call campaigns and the target groups for emails sent from ECP.
Creating a Campaign
The campaigns are managed in Campaigns module. You can create a new campaign by clicking Create Campaign button .
A new campaign requires e.g. the following information:
- Campaign Name
- Canpaign No – The number is usually generated automatically when the entity is saved, so you don’t need to fill in this field.
- Active – The campaign must be active so that it can be used in the CRM.
- Start Date and Expected Close Date – These dates define the duration of the campaign. Pay attention especially to Expected Close Date if you mean to send email from the campaign. (NB. The dates do not have effect on whether the campaign is active, so if the campaign is active it can be used outside the determined time period.)
- Send email template – If you are going to send email (e.g. invitation to invitation event) to the contacts added to the campaign after creating it, you must select the email template in this field. If there are contacts in the campaign before the email template is added, they will not get the email. Note also, that the email template must be set to be sent “Immediately” (more information in Managing and setting up Invitation Events)
- Assigned to.
There are also many other fields in Campaign information that should be filled in, depending on the campaign and its purpose.
Adding Contacts to Campaign
After the campaign has been created you can add the wanted contacts or leads to it. Adding and managing the added contacts is done on the campaign’s Manage Target Group tab.
On this tab, there is first a numeric summary about the people in the campaign (see the picture below). There are a few buttons above the summary and they can be used to remove e.g. duplicate emails or companies, or such contacts that have opted out of email marketing.
You can add the wanted contacts to the campaign most easily with target groups (see the guide Target Groups for more information on creating target groups). The adding is done in the Copy or remove target group from this campaign section, where you can select the target group by clicking the Select button and then by clicking Copy at the top right corner of the section.
In the same section you can also remove contacts of a certain target group. Removing is done the same way as adding, but instead of copying the Delete button must be clicked.
Other ways to add contacts to the campaign are the following:
- Copy or remove another campaigns target group from this campaign section. In this section you can copy (or remove) the contacts in another campaign.
- The sections concerning filters. In these sections you can load the contacts to the campaign from a filter made for contacts, accounts or leads (see Filters more information about filters). By using the function “Keep only the Contacts that are included in the selected filter” you can remove all the other contacts from the campaign except for the ones that are included in the selected filter.
Adding separate contacts to campaign
The most efficient way to add contacts to the campaign is by using target groups or filter. However, there are cases that that you will need to add (or remove) few separate contacts. You can do this in two ways:
- The contacts in the campaign are shown as a list on More information tab, and there are also buttons for adding and deleting contacts at the top right corner of the list. With Select button you can select a contact and add them to the campaign and the del action on the contact row will remove the contact from the campaign (see the picture below).
- With Add contact to campaign with update module tool, you can create a button for adding the contact to campaign on the contact card. The module tool is determined and set up by an admin.