Creating and Editing Events (Activities)
This guide is about events. For information about activities and the Calendar module in general, see the guide Activities.
There are different ways to create a new event, depending on your settings and needs. You can choose to create the event in the following ways:
- In the Calendar module (Always on option)
- Module tools, created to your CRM on different modules. Access to the moduletool via tools button (this is when admin user has added the tools under the button)
- In a calendar widget on the front page, where you’ll click the Plus button (this is when you have a calendar widget on your frontpage)
- Weekly calendar just simply click the empty space on the weekly calendar (this is when you have a weekly calendar widget on your frontpage)
Depending on your setting various field will appear
- Accounts and contacts releated to the event
- Activity Type
- Is the event Public: a public event is visible for people who have read-only access to your calendar
- Subject (title).
- The event’s Description, Location, Priority and Status.
- Start Date & Time and End Date & Time. The calendar buttons next to the date fields can be used to pick the right date and time simply clicking the wanted times.
- In the Custom Information section, you can determine the following, if needed:
- Links to a relevant Campaign and/or Project. (Project includes possibility to track work time to projects that can be invoiced later)
- On the Relations tab it is possible to link the activity to any other modules in the CRM example: Potentials, Quotes, etc..
Example of the activity view on desktop