Outlook Add-in Installation as a MSI File
The Outlook Add-in can be downloaded as a MSI file (in a ZIP file) using the following link: Outlook Add-in (v. 7.52).
The MSI file is installed on the command line with the following command: msiexec /i CRMOutlookAddinSetup.msi /quiet
The Outlook Add-in settings can be preset in the Outlook GUI without username and password. After this the XML file can be shared to wanted computers. The file is located in:
Sharing the Settings file:
- Admin user installs the Add-in
- Admin user modifies the Add-in settings according to the needed configuration
- Admin user modifies the CRM settings:
- Api key
- CRM address
- Other fields must be left blank
- Save settings
- Settings.dat is ready for distribution.
The XML file can be shared with the end users and installed to their corresponding home directory.
NB. .Net Framework 4.0 or newer is required.