CRM-service provides a tool for event management called Mass Events. The tool is used in cooperation with contacts (the attendees), surveys, e-mail templates, and invoices. The registration form CRM-service provides via Self-Service Portal functionality or Anonymous form or the customer can use custom integration from their website provider. Custom fields, dynamic fields, and formulas, work flows, reports, etc standard functionalities applies also to the mass-event module.
The event name and description fields are used to share info about the event to the publics
- Need Registration: Contact needs to fill-out form and registers themselves as attendees to the event
- Open: Will be visible on the listings of upcoming events in Self-Service portal or on Event-listing but do not contain form.
- Invitation Only: Generates registration form, but won’t be shown on Self-Service Portal or on Event-listings. Link to registration form can be deliver as e-mail to selected contacts.
- Event starts and Event ends are date and time fields and indicate the time period when the event takes place
- Registration starts and Registration ends are date and time field and indicate when event will be shown on the listings and when people can register them selves.
- Capacity is how many in total can attend this event
- The spare place is how many people will be taken to queue and added to the event automatically if one participant is canceled from the event.
Product and pricing:
- On a product field, the product chosen will be also on the invoice.
- The price of the event will be the unit price of the product and the tax percent of the product
Other optional fields to use:
- Header image is a field where a photo can be set and that photo is used on the registration form to brand the event.
- Location is the selection field of the spaces module
One event can contain multiple sub-events and sub-events can have their own capacity and price. The capacity of the subevent can’t be more that the capacity of the whole event. The selected product will be added to the price of the total event.
Example 1: A training event with speakers will take place in some city and it will also be streamed online. Both can be sub-events or one of them. Online is the main with a capacity of 1000 price of 20€ and attending locally will be a sub-event with a capacity of 100 and a price of extra 60€ (total 80€).
Example 2: A large 100-people event contains the possibility to also join the dinner party (sub-event) afterward, but only 20 people will have seats and the cost is 45€ extra.
All registrations are listed under the registration -tab. First, all is shown and then the list can be filtered to sub-event registrations only. Also, the cancelations and spare place queue are on this tab. Contacts will be automatically updated here when registering themselves via a registration survey or by custom integration. Also adding contacts manually is possible then the same questions are asked that the contact should have filled out.
Attendees can have different roles if needed, but in many cases, one role is enough.
The participated checkbox is automatically on to ease out the upkeep of who showed up since in most cases fewer people are no-shows and those can be edited to list manually
Invoicing date is automatically set up by the system if using the invoicing tool or self-service pay trail connector. But it can be also manually/with integration added if other ways to invoice are used.
- Learn here how to use the general mass-event invoicing tool: Coming soon 1/2023
Canceling the registration happens on this tab simply by clicking the cancel icon.
Registration form, Mass-event survey
From the tool button there is a link to managing the form (survey) for registration, note that this is not needed if the event type is open. The survey needs to contain Firstname Lastname and e-mail if the registration is open to the public. The registration form can contain questions that are needed from the contacts and all answers will be saved under the contact-module and the answers tab on mass-events and has an excel export possibility. From time to time the answers contain data that is under the GDPR regulation information that needs to be deleted after the event. We have manual or automatic ways to delete the answers but keep the info of all contacts that attended the event.
- Learn here how to create survey forms: Mass Event Surveys
- Learn here to automate the survey answers: Automatic Deletion of Mass Event’s Survey Answers
Triggers are pinpoints when there is a need to send e-mail to the attendee or to the staff. E-mails are ready-made e-mail templates in the CRM that can contain tags from the event. With tags, there is no need to create an e-mail for all events since the tag will use example the event name, starting time, and fields that are added to the mass event or on the contact modules.
Triggers can be set up for attendees or staff by role, different e-mails to sub-events, and so on…
- Learn here how to use the triggers: Mass event triggers
This listing is for manually upkeeping the contacts that are participating in the event as staff like speakers, hosts etc. These contact won’t be counted in the capacity. This is an optional feature and helps out when organizing large events.