Percent Steps Based Commission
This guide concentrates on setting up percent steps based provision groups. You can find more information about other provision settings and provision calculation in general in Provision Calculation.
In the percent steps based provision model, the provision is determined by realized transactions (= sales orders) during the month. The model consists of gradually increasing steps (in euro) and each step has their own provision percent. If the monthly limit of a particular step is exceeded, the provision is paid according to this percent from each successful sale for all salespeople in this commission group, in relation to each seller’s sales. Provision is paid of all the products in the sales order.
To ensure that the volume-based provision model and provision reporting will work with the wanted users, some initial things should be checked in User Settings and in Additional Settings.
- The users that will get provision must be in a sales group. If a user is not yet in a sales group, you can select one for them in Settings → Users by editing the user’s settings.
- The setting “Show value period” must be activated for sales orders in Additional Settings.
Creating the Provision Group
Creating and setting up the provision group is done in Settings → Provision Groups.
You can create a percent steps based commission group by first clicking the New provision group button. Give the new group a name and set the type as Percent steps based commission.
The new group will appear in the list and the actual settings can be done next by clicking steps at the end of the row.
With the Add function, you can add a new step and determine the provision percent and limit (in euros) for reaching that percent. You can later delete steps by clicking the ‘X’ at the end of the row.
After creating and finishing the provision group, remember also to add the needed users to the group. This is done in User Provision Groups (for more information, see Provision Calculation).
A user can get steps-based provision if they are in a percent steps based provision group and if they are the assignee of a sales order. Only one user can get provision from a sales order.
Another thing on sales orders that affects provision is the row’s value period, which acts as a coefficient for the row’s provision. By default, the value period is 1, but if you change it to eg. 2, the provision will be paid double.
Other fields of the sales order that affect the provision reporting are Due Date and Status – the due date determines the month for the provision, and the sales order must have a status that indicates a closed case, like Approved or Delivered, so that it shows in the reports.
Custom Reports for Percent Steps Based Provision
You can report steps-based provisions with certain custom reports made for the model. The reporting permissions are granted user-specifically: the permission to report a certain provision group is granted in Provision Group Permissions and permission for custom reports in Custom Report Permissions (for more information, see Provision Calculation).
You can use the following reports with the steps-based provision model:
- Provisiotapahtumat [GLOBAALI] – Engl. Actualized Provisions [GLOBAL]. You can report all provision groups and models at the same time with this report. The report specifies all the sales order rows that accumulates provision and shows all kinds of information: eg. the sales person, the account, the product, the row’s taxfree sum, provision amount, the due date…
- Provisiot – provisioryhmittäin (PM: porrastettu provisio) [GLOBAALI] – Engl. Provisions – By Provision Group (PM: Percent Steps Based Provision) [GLOBAL]. The report makes a summary from the selected users’ provisions on the given time frame. Does not include user specification.
- 127 Provisiot – provisioryhmittäin – käyttäjä (PM: porrastettu provisio) – Engl. 127 Provisions – By Provision Group – User (PM: Percent Steps Based Provision). A summary about the users own provisions on the given time frame.