Account-Specific Budgets and Forecasts
CRM-service provides tools to manage Account based budgets and forecasts. Billing and Opportunity (Sales Potential) information can be monitored side by side with budgets and forecast. Budgets and forecasts can be maintained for example in offering area levels. Forecasts and budgets can be fixed or rolling. CRM basic account views provide a good view on the whole financial data from customer point of view. Basic views can be expanded with the CRM-service Business Intelligence reporting module.
Following functions can be viewed and managed under the Account card
- budgets by business area
- forecasts by business area
- billing by business area
- sales opportunity billing forecast (is maintained for each sales case separately)
Below you can see an account card example of combined view of budget, forecast, actual billing and opportunity billing forecast.
- Budget is fixed annually by customer, by month, by business area.
- Account manager keeps up account based rolling estimates by customer, by month, by business area.
- Actual account based billing information is generated inside the CRM or it can be updated from ERP using web service API’s.
- Potential (Sales Opportunity) invoicing forecast is managed in the Plans module and it can be seen account-specifically in the Accounts module.
- You can see the potential-specific forecast in the Potentials module, if you have chosen a date in the Billing Start field.
Information above can be reported in the CRM-service using
- Account card graphical views
- User based front page views
- Business Intelligence module
- Custom report generator (self-made reports)
- Sales Dashboard reports
To enable budgets, forecasts and potential invoicing forecasts, you have to activate templates for each purpose from the Plans module.
You can use automatized split by month functions or S-curves to fix amounts to months.
To create account budgets or forecasts – follow the steps below
- Go to Plan module
- Select Targets or Forecast section
- Create a new target or forecast using + button
- Select “Sales Target (sg + person + account / month)” as the plan type
- Select time period (year and quarters)
- Select from the Sales Group field those sales groups’ accounts, which you want to be visible in this plan
- In Plan User field you can select those CRM users who you want to grant admin privileges to in this plan
- SAVE the plan
- Now you can edit plan rows by customer and offering area (as offering areas are visible to those Product Carts which type is Wallet Share)
CRM users that are Account’s owners (assigned to) can also have access to the plan view in a way that they can only see and edit their own account plans. CRM users can also maintain their own account plans under account card forecast tab.
In ‘Additional main user settings’ you can set summary and other rules to target and forecast views
- Lock forecast rows after # day of month
- Copy target values on forecast creation
- Show billing for locked forecast cells
- Show forecast rows per account (Last year’s invoices, Previous forecast, Current target)
- Show expanded forecast account rows for (Last year’s invoices, Previous forecast, Current target)
- Show forecast totals for (Current forecast, Last year’s invoices, Previous forecast, Current target)
- Show expanded forecast totals for (Current forecast, Last year’s invoices, Previous forecast, Current target)
- Show forecast change for (Last year’s invoices, Previous forecast, Current target)
- Show forecast change index for (Last year’s invoices, Previous forecast, Current target)
- Show target rows per account (Previous forecast)
- Show expanded target account rows for (Previous forecast)
- Show target totals for (Current target, Previous forecast)
- Show expanded target totals for (Current target, Previous forecast)
- Show target change for (Previous forecast)
- Show target change index for (Previous forecast)
Read more from other type of plans and sales targets from user guides.